Archimago wrote:
> Oi... I think the numbers do say enough in themselves and support the
> opinions. I don't think I overstepped anything and made the case
> reasonably clear based on the particular setup. To me all the transport
> devices sound essentially the same subjectively and although measurable
> differences exist, they are small and most likely beyond normal hearing
> abilities to differentiate. Since I'm measuring the analogue out from a
> reasonably good DAC (ASUS Essence One), the final output is all I really
> care about and specifics about the internal SPDIF/I2S jitter tolerances,
> etc. aren't as important unless I can detect the differences with my ADC
> which is better than human hearing as far as I can reasonably tell!
>
> As for "Otherwise we wouldn't have seen any progress in the last 20
> years" - I'd say it's pretty *obvious* the improvements made in the last
> 20 years just looking at the "common measurements" like frequency
> response, dynamic range, improvements in jitter compared to stuff in the
> early 90's...
>
> Here's a question for you - which "uncommon" measurements do you think
> are important to consider then that could have significant impact on
> audible sound quality? Which of these have the "serious" audio industry
> made major improvements on? I would love to learn about these factors...

Yep. I know.

That's why I brought up your "digital" measurement problem first.
Something to digest. I hope that's enough as a first lesson. ;) By
reading and digesting the Wolfson doc you'll very quickly gain some more
background information.

Enjoy.

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck