SBGK wrote:
> based on your measurements, you seem happy for Mynb to draw the
> conclusion that
>
> "..and thats why I think the unmodded Touch is a sufficiently good
> transport for any and all systems and listeners , It's "limitation" to
> only 24/96 is of no particular concern either ."
>
> which is not the real world experience of hundreds of touch users,
> perhaps that is why they are useless and misleading.

Well, the Touch as transport does perform pretty darn well in comparison
to the direct USB input considering the limitations of an SPDIF
interface! Sounds very good to me as well in stock form, so why should I
disagree?

I'm going to fundamentally disagree though that "real world experience
of hundreds of touch users" is:
A. A fact...  Where's the survey? Who was asked - apparently they missed
me and maybe Mynb? Did they ask the average music lover or only
card-carrying "audiophiles"?
B. Substantiated...  What's inadequate about the Touch as transport? How
was the conclusion arrived at by the "hundreds"?

That comment is truly what is "misleading" - in itself presented as fact
when it appears at best as opinion if not just some kind of vague
impression.

It's like saying that there are "hundreds of members in the Flat Earth
Society" (who knows...  there probably are...). Am I supposed to be
impressed?

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.