SBGK wrote:
> based on your measurements, you seem happy for Mynb to draw the
> conclusion that
>
> "..and thats why I think the unmodded Touch is a sufficiently good
> transport for any and all systems and listeners , It's "limitation" to
> only 24/96 is of no particular concern either ."
>
> which is not the real world experience of hundreds of touch users,
> perhaps that is why they are useless and misleading.

Which, brings us right back to the point, having read various audiophile
forums and publications for years, that the "real world experience of
touch users" you speak of is anecdotal and typically has no control for
subjective factors.

So sure, these listeners do believe their perceptions, but no one has
any idea if that is due to some technical performance aspect of the
equipment or whether they are impressed by the appearance, reputation or
some other non-audio aspect that influences their opinion. The problem
with subjective influences is that what positively influences one
person's perception may be a neutral or negative factor for others.

Once again, I am fascinated by the consistency with which subjective
audiophiles reject the possibility that their perception may have been
influenced by subjective factors, refusing to make any control for it
whatsoever. It is an irony of the first order.