Mnyb wrote:
> But very much of what audiophiles seriusly suggest is agiainst
> "fundamental physical theories" ,there is simply no reasoanable
> mechanism to explain the effect of many things.

Indeed. And here I draw an analogy to, of all things, UFO's. Yes, there
are serious UFO researchers out there. But they are very quick to help
discredit ludicrous claims, as they realize that the nut cases and
frauds undermine the credibility of their chosen field. Do we see the
same among audiophiles? Do we see a lot of "serious but rational"
audiophiles, who argue for effects that could be possible, but who
strongly help discredit the ones that are clearly foo? Not really. The
"open minded" audiophiles are open to pretty much anything, independent
of if it makes scientific sense or not.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953