alfista wrote:

> It's been posted here before, but it's still enjoyable reading, 'The
> Relativity of Wrong'
> (http://chem.tufts.edu/AnswersInScience/RelativityofWrong.htm)
Very good. Science being very mathematical, his argument is
unsurprisingly maths-based and he quantifies how successive theories get
less wrong. Also he picked really simple things like the shape of the
earth, and indeed this has been refined over time. Sadly, Relativity and
QM marked a complete and utter throwing out of prior classical
-concepts-. But because mathematically their equations give similar
(just slightly more accurate) answers than classical physics in most
normal situations, would the author want us to think they were merely
refinements? I can't see it.

But Relativity and QM are extremely rare events in science. I can't
think of any revolutions that compare since. So the author's point is
well made in general. If there were no revolutions to come I'd be
disappointed though!

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

SB Touch