probedb wrote:
> Really? Do you want to tell that to every manufacturer of audio
> equipment? Every developer who has created or involved in development of
> audio codecs? Experts, professors etc around the world that study this
> that they're all wrong?
>
> People don't seem to be able to differentiate between the psychology of
> what we're discussing and building audio equipment and what happens to
> the sound. The latter is very well understood. However since you think
> you know better I guess you'd best get onto the entire audio community
> and tell them they're wrong.

All models are aproximations "wrong" in some sense but they are darn
close, close enogh for all practical engineering if you adopt the rigth
modell .

I dont think "all models are wrong" is a usefull argument ofcourse they
are , its not much beter than "we dont know verything" ofcourse we dont
.

The designer of your car are happy with newtonian mechanics and maxwells
laws of electromagnetism . They are in some sense "wrong" as no
adjustments for relativity and quantum mechanics or higgs bosons are
applied ,but the errors are all somewhere in the noise far below the
error margins .

There are course rough models and more fine grained ones . Engineer
knows which one to apply . You dont need to adjust oHms law for gravity
for example... unless you plan to use your DAC very close to a neutron
star (in which case the atom and molecule deforming magnetic fields
would cause some trouble to )

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4