arnyk wrote:
> I'd suggest that I look at your advice in the same light as a fracking
> driller looks at advice from his local Greenpeace rep. ;-)
>
> If an audio product can possibly demonstrate a reliable ability to
> improve sound quality, I can do pretty good at getting the best out of
> it and I think my promotion abilities are right up there.
>

> I submit that you might contemplate doing the same for me.  Your posts
> here, like this one appear to be full of from-the-hip prejudiced
> judgments.
>
> If experience is the prerequisite for granting opinions, why don't you
> study up a little and actually find out what my track record is for
> audio opinions?
>
> If you've actually done that, then you can tell us where and when I've
> been posting on audio forums, what audio articles I've written, what web
> sites I've operated, etc. going back into the 1980s.
>
> So in the interest of supporting the legitimacy of your preparation for
> judging me and talking down to me, why don't you list that stuff out?
>
> After you have proven that you can walk the walk, we'll talk the talk.
> ;-)

Aside from the fact that, other than the baseless judgments you've
bestowed upon me, you really have no clue about me as a person, methinks
thou protesteth far too much.

Can you please get it through your hard head that I have nothing to do
with Uptone or John Swenson.  I know John from his years of posting
here...period.  I've known about Uptone and the REGEN since May 12th,
2015 when I attempted to assist a poster here (guidof) with an issue he
was having with his Benchmark dac and sample rate changes and he
mentioned the product in his post.  Not knowing what the heck a REGEN
was, I googled it, read their website, other postings here and on CA
Audio (much reviled, I know and that was actually the first time I've
ever seen that forum, too, believe it or not) and was somewhat
intrigued--enough to order one and see what it did, if
anything...period, end of story.

What you suggest is pointless and pretty much renders useless one of the
major benefits and points of forums such as this.  I'm willing to take
your credentials, as you've so eloquently and frequently let us know
about, at face value.  Which, for purposes of this forum, mean that your
length and breadth of knowledge far outstrip anything I might hope to
accumulate the rest of my life.  Not to mention that several of my
acknowledged weaknesses (I learned this very clearly at the time I
needed to declare a major in college!) are in the areas of engineering
and science.  Hence, I try to learn as much as I can understand from
people such as yourself, Archimago and others.  I will openly and
readily admit that there is absolutely no chance that I'll ever be able
to even pretend to be on a level playing field with the likes of you.
Hence, folks like me turn to forums, other experts, etc. to,
essentially, use their brains to fill in the knowledge and experience
that we lack--either from limited experience or raw ability, or both.
However, you seem to want to do your best to level personal attacks,
make baseless accusations, and personally discourage me from wanting to
try to learn some things from what knowledge you might, in less
confrontational circumstances, be willing to share.  I'm sorry you
choose to take the approach you do as I think there are lots of people
who might benefit from your perspective if they could see it through
(forgive me) all the noise ;>).

Rg

System information
Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV
Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre:  Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox
Appliance, V 2.3.