ralphpnj wrote:

> Yes Mr. Swenson was once a contributor to these forums but then he was
> hired as a consultant by Stereophile and his contributions ceased.
> Coincidence?

I googled his name in conjunction with Stereophile and was provided with
a list of reviews of recordings.

I also obtained what appears to be review of one of his reviews in
Stereophile:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/looking-for-great-writing-on-music-in-stereophile-is-like.72755/

"
At least as far as music articles and album reviews go. (BTW, for a
magazine devouted to audiophiles, when was the last time you read a
review that talked about the sonics of an album beyond "...it has great
dynamics"? It seems any insight into the quality of the recording and
it's mastering is a mere afterthought, if considered at all.) Anyways, I
digress. I saw on the cover that this issue featured "The Grateful Dead
Live- New CDs and DVDs." I couldn't wait to dig in. Well, that'll teach
me. Besides the usual drivel and the "look-how-cool-am-I" attitude, the
article was splashed with errors. Spelling keyboardist Keith Godchaux's
name wrong and botching song titles are a few examples of sloppiness.
Mr. Swenson, in reference to Skeletons From The Closet (which the author
labels as Skeletons In The Closet!), refers to this album- comprised
almost entirely of studio cuts- as a great example of the band's early,
live multitrack recordings! Sheesh! An article on bluegrass a while back
was full of the same kind of errors and crappy prose. Irritating!
:realmad:
"

There's this ironic comment about keeping the day job that is running
through my mind.

Oh, it must be a different John Swenson that works for Stereophile.

Hopefully.