jkeny wrote:
> Indeed, he has endeared himself to this forum.

Wow, jkeny has empowered himself to speak for the 100's if not 1000's of
people who post on this forum!

Amazing!

> The pity is that he does have a wealth of knowledge but his motivations
> are very suspect as can be witnessed by his posts on this thread.

What you jkeny and others  around here don't get is that once one
obtains a certain critical mass of knowledge and experience and has the
mental power to put it together correctly, one achieves a certain level
of clarity.

I've had the privilege of knowing personally over a period of many years
some of the great modern minds of audio, people like David Clark, Earl
Geddes, and James Johnston. In their areas of expertise they have
achieved a relatively high  level of clarity.

One of the consequences of well-informed and well-experienced clarity in
a certain area is that many things that are confusing to others are
unbelievably clear to them. This clarity enables the execution of
wonderful acts of diagnosis and invention. For example James Johnston
was an important member of the two different but overlapping small
groups of people who invented first MP3, and then AAC encoding. Earl
Geddes holds fundamental patents he was the sole developer of related to
speakers that, while they will probably be mostly broken before they are
widely used, nevertheless his scientific papers and patents have enabled
a lot of effective development in that area.

People who have this clarity can leap over confusion and make things
that were once confusing to all, clear to themselves and others.

One of the consequences of such limited clarity as I have been able to
obtain in certain narrow areas, is that in those areas and in some cases
I have sufficient clarity about certain audio components such as DACs
and amplifiers that I know what they are and what they can do in terms
of practical use and subjective experience. This clarity allows me to
study things, test things, and realize certain things about them that
turn out to be true and helpful in somewhat widespread use and in the
long run.

It was that kind of clarity that enabled me to develop ABX from what it
was in 1950 to where I took it back in the middle-late 1970s.  It was
that clarity that enabled me to do what I did back in Y2K to popularize
what I called PCABX which we now see implemented in wonderful tools like
FB2K/ABX. Everybody who does anything of value stands on the shoulder of
others.

It is often clarity that enables people to see audio placeboes for what
they are. It clarity about certain things that is why I  and certain
others say that knowing the technology that we know we can not ethically
be involved with certain audio products.

It is probably that clarity that you call Motivations, but if you
understand  clarity you realize that while clarity can be motivation it
is not really the kind of negative thing that you make it out to be. It
is power to do good. It is the power to act positively. It is the power
to speak directly.

It probably takes a certain amount of clarity to understand higher
levels of clarity.

I wish you could have a little clarity, jkeny. I really do. No matter
how you may wish to pretend that you have clarity, well IME not so much.
It is that lack of clarity about certain critical areas of audio that
explains the muddle of deflections, gross technical errors and libels
that you have imposed on this forum just lately.