Mnyb wrote:
> Before this continues is there measurment around that shows the noise
> and THD at the output on a DAC ( any DAC with USB input ) .
>
> I can very well believe that JS found some noise inside the circuit
> somewhere , he has the technical knowhow to do so .
>
> But how much does it affects the output ?
>
> And most DAC manufacturers like benchmark or similar has very good data
> to show with any input . so this product must show improvements on
> already impressive specs .
>
> A link to such a test would be nice . It would also be good marketting
> if the product actually does what it suposed to do and with measurments
> to show it ," improves S/N ratio by X dB".
>
> But twhere it matters is the output on the DAC .
>
> it may very well still be completely inaudible , but it would be good to
> know if the diffrence is there for real . then the product "works" and
> each one of us can make up our minds if it's worthwhile .
I think you are barking up the wrong tree here.
I too am very interested in having empirical evidence for all of this
but believe that it will be tricky to produce such evidence as I'm of
the opinion that what we are dealing with are data correlated noise
fluctuations at a low level. So to measure it we really need signals
which are not simple test tones but rather multi tone test signals & we
need a measurement system that doesn't use averaging, like FFT analysis
does. I expect the experts will know best how to uncover these sort of
signal anomolies but it requires the motivation to design the right
experiment using the right tools to test the premise based on the theory
of operation of the effect. This is why I say Arny or Archi are not the
people to do these tests as it requires someone who can hear the SQ
improvement & the motivation to uncover what is causing it.