mlsstl wrote:
> First, back in the kitchen, good chefs still measure things. That's why
> the food you like is consistently good.And the best cooks understand the
> scientific basis for choosing, combining and processing the ingredients.
> Just having the original recipe doesn't guarantee good results if the
> cook doesn't understand the cooking process.
>
> With respect to audio, if ONLY the subjective types limited their
> statements to "I like this better than that", there wouldn't be much
> conflict. However, when one reads any of the audiophile press, you will
> see endless discussions of technical detail in support of their
> subjective conclusions. That's where most objectivists part ways -- they
> are tired of hearing endless technical blather in support of someone
> else's subjective opinion.
>
> There's another aspect, too. For whatever reason, subjectivists seem
> loathe to accept the fact that there are any non-audio subliminal
> factors influencing their judgment. I find it quite ironic that
> subjectivists often expend an enormous amount amount of time denying
> subjective influences while expounding to great length on the technical
> aspects , sometimes BS and sometimes not, that they believe support
> their conclusions.
>
> As I've often noted before, I'm the single biggest variable in my
> system. I accept that my mood, other things that have happened that day
> and my physical state at the moment have far more impact on my listening
> enjoyment than which brand of DAC chip I have.

Wrong!

1) Good cooks don't need to measure 2) Measuring to obtain "DATA" to
justify food A tasting different than food B is not the same as
measuring for a recipe...LOL

The scenario you mention ie different amounts of ingredients is more
equal to comparing two dacs with different parts or even a different
number of parts. Essentially not apples to apples.