Golden Earring wrote:
> Hi all.
> I know that Sean worked hard in 2005 to keep the jitter on the
> Transporter to a minimum, but if you think he thought 20ps was
> sufficiently low to be inaudible you might ask why he then also gave the
> Transporter a word clock in connection.

Probably because it's a checkbox item for a purported audiophile
product. I have no idea where Sean stands on the audibility of jitter in
that region, but he clearly understood what constitutes "street cred" in
this niche of the market. A rear wing does nothing for the handling of a
Vauxhall Astra 1.2, but try convincing the 18 year old guy driving the
car he'd be just as good without it.