arnyk wrote:
> I don't know how well the Logos amp was designed. I see that there is
> evidence on the web that it incorporates a false claim in its
> advertising claims, that its 8 ohm power doubles into 4 ohms;
>
> http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:bhk-labs-measurements-pathos-acoustics-logos-mkii-integrated-amplifier&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154
>
> "
> Power output
>
> Output power at 1% THD+N: 155.0W @ 8 ohms, 237.4W @ 4 ohms   (4 ohms
> power = 142% of 8 ohm power)
> "
>
> In fact its actual 4 ohms performance is about 40% more  more than its 8
> ohm power, which is fairly typical for power amps, even some fairly
> inexpensive ones.

I expect in our commercial world, there's a lot of this kind of
marketing hype about, sadly!

What did you make of their "valves are better for voltage amplification,
solid-state devices are better for current amplification" statement? It
seems a bit too simple to be taken at face value to me.

Having said that, they do stick the same twin triodes in the analogue
stage of their Digit CD player (& used valves in the expensive & now
discontinued Endorphin CD player which has to be a candidate for the
sexiest looking CD player of all time).

As far as the Logos itself is concerned, it's very well built & has more
power than I need. I think the implementation of the Class A/B design is
the most important aspect - it sounds good to me, don't know if anyone
has investigated its transfer characteristics. Had it seven years plus
now, it could be eleven years from new.

Dave :)