Golden Earring wrote:
> Hi Arny!
>
> Thank you for your clear response.
>
> I'm probably best off with my Class A/B Logos which at least sounds as
> if it's done well, and save money by avoiding the pure Class A Inpol 2.
>
> I suspect you've just saved me from falling for an expensive
> "down-grade"!
>
> Dave :)

I don't know how well the Logos amp was designed. I see that there is
evidence on the web that it incorporates a false claim in its
advertising claims, that its 8 ohm power doubles into 4 ohms;

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:bhk-labs-measurements-pathos-acoustics-logos-mkii-integrated-amplifier&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154

"
Power output

Output power at 1% THD+N: 155.0W @ 8 ohms, 237.4W @ 4 ohms   (4 ohms
power = 142% of 8 ohm power)
"

In fact its actual 4 ohms performance is about 40% more  more than its 8
ohm power, which is fairly typical for power amps, even some fairly
inexpensive ones.

For example:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/denon-avr-x4200w-av-receiver-review-test-bench

Denon AVR-X4200W A/V Receiver Review Test Bench

"
0.1% THD
Two Channels Continuously Driven, 8-Ohm Loads   124.3 watts
Two Channels Continuously Driven, 4-Ohm Loads   215.9 watts
"

4 ohm power is 73% more than its 8 ohm power which is actually very
good.