Julf wrote:
> It might not be completely reliable, but the sources of error are not
> really related to quantum uncertainty. The measurements we need to take
> are way above quantum level.

Hi Julf!

I haven't got far enough through my electronics theory textbook to take
issue with this.

So far I've learnt that you can regard a square wave in terms of the
fundamental frequency sine wave + an infinite number of odd harmonic
frequency sine waves each at a defined amplitude. And that for an
acceptable working approximation you need to go as far as the 9th odd
harmonic. This may explain why I'm personally not partial to the sound
of square waves.

I've also learned that you can analyse any complex waveform into an
equivalent set of sine waves using Fourier Transforms but the ability to
do this on the fly may be compromised by lower frequencies and shorter
durations of said waveform.

Give me a minute, I'm catching up steadily :cool:

Dave :)