Golden Earring wrote:
> I would entirely agree with you that it is not obvious how any quantum
> effects would manifest. My point is that taking "objective" measurements
> inside the electronic processing chain may not be a completely reliable
> guide to determining what is happening when you actually leave the box
> alone to do its stuff.

It might not be completely reliable, but the sources of error are not
really related to quantum uncertainty. The measurements we need to take
are way above quantum level. Taking the electric signal and measuring
the average voltage over a sample interval is no different (in terms of
quantum observations) than taking the same signal, converting it into
air pressure variations, and analysing the pressure variations with the
hair cells in your ear.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953