Julf wrote:
> Only if you care about how the square wave *looks* on the screen of a
> scope.  If what you care about is how it *sounds*, you only need
> harmonics that are in the audible range.

OK, but what are you subjecting your amplifier to if you stick an actual
square wave from a signal generator through it?

> The precision is always finite, but that is the only way it is
> compromised.

What is the significance of that? I read that if the waveform didn't
actually complete a cycle it was essentially undefined. Perhaps I'm
reading the wrong book?

Dave :) (but only just - I've been creeping around under my car putting
rust converter on rusty bits, i.e. pretty much everything, & my back's
screaming... )