cliveb wrote:
> It was also the source of irritating intermittent de-gaussing noises for
> some users (although that never affected me - perhaps because I didn't
> use it and so it didn't need de-gaussing?) Remove it and its associated
> buttons from the front panel and the TP could have been considerably
> cheaper. (But then I guess making it cheap would have defeated the
> object of positioning the TP as an audiophile device).

Hi Clive!

I've not had the de-gaussing noise issue either (I haven't played with
my knob much, I was warned off that sort of thing as an adolescent
:rolleyes: ), but would I be correct in assuming that it would have
affected the analogue rather than the digital processing stages in the
Transporter?

I can't remember how much cheaper than the original the Transporter SE
(without the TransNav gizmo) was at launch in the UK, have you any
recollection of that?

Dave :)