as a holder of a PPL as well, I agree. If there is extra training needed in the
GPC syllabus then so be it.

If on the annual check there are a few more things to tick off as well that is
also fine.

I would be very interested to hear from any CFI's on the list as to what are
the risks being mitigated by having both L1 and L2 ops in place. How does
having a L2 instructor around help mitigate with those risks?

Richard