>It does. It gives you level 1.

"The Club of a person exercising Level 1 Independent Operator privileges is
responsible for that person’s operations, even when the person is operating
independently"

That alone means it isn't in the same tier as a PPL / RAA cert /
Drivers license / Boating license etc.

"Before operating independently, a L1 Independent Operator must inform the CFI
or delegate (refer 13.1.2 below) and comply with any directions.
In the case of a L1 Independent Operator flying at a site which has a Level 2
Instructor present, L1 Independent Operator privileges do not apply
and the Level
2 Instructor's jurisdiction must prevail.
When operating from a site with a resident gliding club, Independent Operators
are subject to the requirements of the resident club."

So clearly is not a substitute for a "Glider License", more like a
provisional student license.

>Now as a low hour pilot you will build on your competencies with experience.

Sure but there is nowhere to go. There IS no "Glider License". There
should be a real license available a reasonable amount of time after
that, that is yours for life (unless you did something to lose it!).

Best regards,

Al