<Have you really never shared a thermal with a wedgie?>
Yes. I have thermalled with eagles and I have ridged soared with all sorts
of birds including magpies (the worst) and pelicans. And I have done this in
the open, au naturel so to speak, and in a tupperware glider.

There's no comparison guys! Soaring with eagles in a sailplane is like
watching it on TV compared with being out in the open. The only similarity I
can come up with involves the act of sexual congress and rubber products and
I am not going to sully this list with and more explanation on that.

You accuse me of being sour. Not at all!

"I turned south and whispered for home at 40 knots. For 20 miles I flew,
gaining height at half a knot, everything so quiet that it was not the Dart
which was moving, it was the dreamy earth below which was being drawn
silently backwards."

When I read this from Phillip Wills, I think something has been lost in
modern gliders. If you have experienced flying in the open, really slow and
quiet, or whispered along in an old, slow glider, than I doubt you would
attempt to challenge the idea that while soaring with eagles in a modern
sailplane is OK, naked is better.

I'm no traditionalist and if I ever get elected to any responsible form of
public office I would ensure that all blanics are turned into beer cans. But
I am saying this from a point of view having experience both blanics, and
something better. How about you?

DMcD