The argument on weather climate change is real or not is irrelevant.
we have no way to know for sure, and really arguing about it  is just
wasting time we may not have. We DO have control over our actions and
weather or not we choose to do something about it. At the end of the
day there are 4 possible outcomes to this whole debate:

1) we act, it was not real. we waist time and money, hit a moderate
recession, have some good new tech, but we survive in more or less our
current form and live on.
2) we act, it WAS real, similar to 1 above, but we averted disaster
3) we dont act, it was not real - yippee for us, we got lucky
(although since fossil fuels are finite in quantity, more likely to be
as above )
4) we dont act, it WAS real - say even the conservative estimates
eventuate, billions of people die, billions more are short of food and
water, world economies fall, sea levels rise, drouts, floods, mass
extension, world wars, remnants of superpowers fighting over dwindling
land and resources.  etc. - life will go on, humans will probably
survive, but it would be a very different world.....

so since we cant know for sure weather climate change is real or not,
not 100%, the only argument worth having is weather or not to act on
the possibility. in the end it is an exercise in risk management.
given the enormous consequence on not acting, and Climate change
turning out to be real (4 above) then the ONLY sensible choice is to
ACT!!!!!!

the only thing we can know for sure is that over the next century
there will be some very big changes in the world, and in the way we
all live. It is up to all of us to make these transitions as smooth as
possible. Understand the problems, look at the risks, for god sake
open your eyes, pull your head out of the sand and make the RIGHT
choice.

NOW CAN WE GET BACK TO GLIDING :-)

Cheers,

Ben

(part of the generation who will see what will happen, and has to
survive in it, please leave us a liveable world)