At 08:19 AM 9/09/2013, you wrote:
And notice Winter ASI VNE (red radial) seems to be 150kts or 152kts. Strictly speaking GFA require for issue if Australian C of A an ASI with markings on ASIs 20 kts over the VNE.

To all considering new gliders ask the factory for an ASI with a mark at 170kts as have been provided by Achim Winter for more than 10 years and costs noting extra (just ask)

Ian McPhee
PS several other makers are missing this ASI mark issue also but JS1 seem to be getting it right.
.

So does the 170kt ASI just move the stop a little further around or is the whole dial scale changed? It doesn't seem to be a standard product on the Winter website.

So who dreamed up this requirement? Last I looked at CS22 the glider is designed to 10% over placarded Vne, test flown during certification to 5% over. An ASI in service that reads to 5% over Vne would seem to me to be adequate which at 152Kts Vne and 160 kts max reading on the ASI this one seems to be.

So is this ASI acceptable to EASA? If so why do we have a different requirement? No doubt our Australian air is "different".

Also interested to know why 95% of the launches were by aerotow? Engine not working?

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia