You've be forgiven for thinking this was a BBC list - what with all the
postings about Apple and all - I know it's a bit OT, but apparently a
British company (X2) are touting an 'iTablet' that looks to be anything but
closed:

http://bit.ly/dojyX9

Not a peep on news.bbc.co.uk - but I guess that's to be expected these days.

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Scot McSweeney-Roberts <
bbc_backst...@mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 19:26, Mo McRoberts <m...@nevali.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 18:57, Scot McSweeney-Roberts
> >
> > I don’t think _anybody_ claimed that Apple was “open”. Apple have,
> > however, become far _more_ open than they were, and are continuing to
> > do so.
>

> And I'd say they're about as closed as they ever were. Apple's most
> open products were the non Steve Jobs ones (the Apple II series, the
> Netwon and the Pippin had it been released). The Mac was at it's most
> open when SJ wasn't around, and the iPxxx series are all about making
> things even more closed.
>

> > Do you actually use any Apple products or pay any attention to changes
> > due to land in upcoming OS releases, or is your information almost
> > exclusively based on news reports and anecdotes?
>
> I still use my Netwon. My powerbook has been sitting in a cupboard
> since it's power supply went. I retired my 4400 (running debian as a
> server) last year. I have another 8 Apples (a //e, a III, a Lisa and
> several Macs of various vintage) in storage. As an apostate apple fan
> boy I still find myself keeping up with what Apple are doing even
> though I have no intention of going back to the them any time soon.
>
> > If you want Atom support, patch it yourself.
>
> And end up with what, a Darwin based BSD experience? In that case I'd
> save myself time and stick with FreeBSD.
>

> Scot
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

You can't build a reputation based on what you are going to do.