On 6-Feb-2010, at 16:17, Reverend Graeme Mulvaney wrote:

> You've be forgiven for thinking this was a BBC list - what with all the
> postings about Apple and all - I know it's a bit OT, but apparently a British
> company (X2) are touting an 'iTablet' that looks to be anything but closed:
>
> http://bit.ly/dojyX9
>
> Not a peep on news.bbc.co.uk - but I guess that's to be expected these days.

It is to be expected, given the only thing which seems to set the iTablet apart
from anything other manufacturers are doing is the cheeky name.

“X2 Computing has not yet revealed when the iTablet will be launched and when
it will be available.”

It’s Just Another Windows 7 Tablet™

Mind you, if it costs £250, it might well make a splash.

The first Maemo tablets were news. The first iPhone OS tablet was news. The
first Windows tablets were news (hello, Fujitsu Stylistic). The second and
third-generation Windows tablets were news, too ;) More of the same… not so
much.

Plus, without even an expected launch date, it’s a whole lot of nothing.

M.