Ronan> On April 13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>> * Phone
>> * Email addresses
>> * Addresses

Ronan> "standard" labels is simply a matter of discipline.

 Completion on existing ones would be a big help here. I use BBDB
 because my memory is shot :-) But it would be good if bbdb-finger,
 bbdb-snarf, bbdb-whois etc all agreed (or maybe they do ?).

>> * Notes

Ronan> I'm looking at ways to handle privacy in both directions. I'd like
Ronan> BBDB to respect the "secret" tag somehow. Many many horrific solutions
Ronan> spring to mind.

 Encryption ? It's very difficult to do that `right' as there's always
 some chance on a multi user machine that unencrypted data will turn
 up in a core dump or `ps' output. Good enough is probably good
 enough. Uhum.

>> * PGP key information
Ronan> Looking at this. I use PGP once in a blue moon, so I keep forgetting
Ronan> about it. Do you have a live copy of bbdb-pgp? I've found several
Ronan> references to it on other BBDB-related pages, but no go on the source
Ronan> code. Author/attribution would also be good.

 That author would be me. Latest version I have is 1.4. I can mail you
 a copy if you don't have it. You need a recent version of
 mailcrypt.el as well.

 I also have a hack called mail-signature.el that finds appropriate
 .sig files based on patterns in the header or a `signature' entry in
 the recipient's BBDB entry. (There's an older version
 bbdb-signature.el that only supports the BBDB part so doesn't work so
 well with newsgroups :-)

>> * Filter/folder information
Ronan> Yep yep. There's a hack (or maybe it's a feature already) to do this
Ronan> for VM, I think. Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to use Gnus as a
Ronan> MUA for test purposes. Y'all should be using MY favourite tools,
Ronan> dammit.

 This does exist for Gnus. I never used it because our MTA trashed the
 From_ field, but we've switched to sendmail now...

--
Kevin Davidson                             Decisionhouse Systems Group
Quadstone Limited 16 Chester Street,  Edinburgh,   Scotland,   EH3 7RA