Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Still, though. I would have expected cvs diff to do the
> right thing. It's just plain irritating that it doesn't.

I'm pretty sure I've successfully applied patches created with "cvs
diff".

It's the combination of current working directory and correct "-p"
setting.  Note that different patch installations seem to use
different default values for "-p".  So on some installations, "patch
< foo" is the same as "patch -p0 < foo", whereas on others, it's
"patch -p1 < foo".  Strange.  So maybe you just want to always supply
the "-p" argument...

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.