Roland,

For what it's worth, I would like to see text properties kept out of the
db until there is some
need for them.  Right now, one of the big pluses for BBDBv3 to my mind
is that it allows two-way syncing with
Sriram's Asynk facility, which is what motivated me to try to make the
move to begin with.

What makes v3 difficult for me to use right now is (1) the
text-properties issue (which impacts Asynk) and
(2) the lack of fully-developed Wanderlust integration, which is really
a problem for Wanderlust
users to fix I suppose.

Anyway Roland, thanks for your great work on bringing BBDB up to snuff,
but I would vote for
BBDB being just a repository of data, not appearances.  Elisp ought to
be able to handle any
decoration with text properties (perhaps with the help of a customized
field in BBDB itself) when and if
the need arises.

Regards,