On Sat Feb 2 2013 Sriram Karra wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Roland Winkler <wink...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>     Following recent discussions with Sriram on this list, the
>     patch below tries to avoid more carefully that text properties
>     accidentally enter BBDB.
>
> Great! I am not familiar with BBDB internals enough to understand
> the full patch, but I assume you mean any MUA action is guaranteed
> not to introduce any text properties into the db?

I have done a few more tests, and I am still confused how the text
properties ended up in BBDB. So without knowing the loophole, I am
hesitant to claim that it got fixed and BBDB could guarantee not to
introduce any text properties into the db.

> I was working on a configuration variable based low-level control
> to filter out stuff. The attached patch tries to do that by fixing
> the bbdb-defstruct macro. Do you think it will work for all cases?

Currently I am hesitant to make such changes because it could become
difficult to ensure the overall consistency between what happens in
different parts of BBDB.  I'll keep your patch in mind, but I do not
want to promise that I want to add such a patch in the near future.

I find it more important to pay attention that high-level code does
not feeed text properties to BBDB unintentionally.