On Sun Mar 9 2014 Barak A. Pearlmutter wrote:
> Okay, I've reworked it again to satisfy, I believe, all criteria!

Great, thank you, your new approach should work for everyone.
Two minor things:

- In bbdb-site.el.in, you kept the value of bbdb-print-tex-path
  '("/usr/local/share").  This seems to be a typo that has been
  there for some time and should probably be replaced by
  '("/usr/local/share/bbdb") because lisp/bbdb-print.el does not add
  any other prefix to bbdb-print-tex-path.  (Previously, you made
  some comments in this context, which I did not understand.  Was
  this typo in bbdb-site.el.in what you refered to?)

- lisp/Makefile.am calls sed with the option `--expression'.  Will
  this work reliably on different unix-like systems?  Or would it be
  more reliable to use `-e' instead?  (In my personal shell scripts
  I certainly prefer the long option names.  But that's a different
  story.)