H Folks:

As a long time organic gardener and a new subscriber to the list - and
also new (it seems) to your terminology - I would appreciate a
definition of BRIX!  Also what does NUX refer to?  I'm all too familiar
with MCS, but NUX???

Looks like we are close neighbors Evelyn, as I am also in the Sierra
Foothills.  Best solution to star thistle is to keep pulling it.  I also
have hellish scotch broom (encroaching from the neighbors) to deal with,
not to mention cedar seedlings by the millions - and berries and PI!
But then I don't farm acres - it is just hand work.  I wouldn't dream of
spraying roundup!!!  Looking forward to learning what your BD solutions
are!

Happy New Year everyone!

Geneva Pepper