>H Folks:
>
>As a long time organic gardener and a new subscriber to the list - and
>also new (it seems) to your terminology - I would appreciate a
>definition of BRIX!  Also what does NUX refer to?  I'm all too familiar
>with MCS, but NUX???

Geneva -

You can learn about Brix at the links Rex posted earlier:

>There is a good amount of Brix information at
>http://www.brixpage.com. Note it is not just a measure of sugar
>rather plant sap solids.
>
>Rex Harrill has written a helpful book(let) which can be clicked
>through to from the above website or
>http://www.crossroads.ws/brixbook/BBook.htm.
>
>The BrixTalk list is linked from the Crossroads website but because of
>the unwieldy frames it maybe easy to go straight to it at
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrixTalk.
>
>Further links at http://www.crossroads.ws/brix/index-page7.html.

The NUX reference was to NUX VOMICA, a consitutional homeopathic
remedy. Consitutionals also refer to a 'type,' so, in once system I'm
a Sagittarious and in the homeopathic system I'm a Nux.  One of the
hallmarks of the Nux condition is a hightened sense of smell.

-Allan