From: Rambler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:30:16 +1300
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Albrecht System and plant sap analysis

Stephen Barrow wrote:

> To Christiane for posting the original question and the others who have
> replied - Thank you.
>

> Following this thread, has anybody had experience with plant sap analysis, a
> "new" form of analysis being offered by a local fertilizer company.  The
> theory makes sense - i.e. analysing for the nutrients currently in the plant
> and available for growth.  I am however sceptical of analyses conducted by
> fertilizer companies due to the potential of their bias.
>
> Best wishes to all for a prosperous 2002.
>
> Stephen Barrow

Hi Stephen  There is a method called Brix testing that a farmer can do
himself. It uses a refractometer to measure suger levels in plants and
fruit. When suger levels get above a certain level for each group of
plants then you have reached a balanced soil energy level. A figure
between 9-15 is my understanding. This is also subject that i would like
to study this coming year. It is one of the means which Dan Skow uses in
his book Mainline farming for the 21st Century to get his soil nutrient
levels to balance and you can do it your self.

Cheers Tony Robinson