On Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 05:06 PM, Jose Luiz Moreira Garcia wrote:

> I was totally disappointed with what I saw there.
> Twenty seven years of BD did nothing for their land.

This has me curious.
Were they feeding the soil with green manure crops or in some other way
meeting the needs for replenishment of the soil? Were they making
compost with the preps?
> Dr Balzer said he have found the same situation in
> several farms in Germany and Europe. He said that
> plants cannot be grown with fanatism alone meaning those
> folks that want to nurture their plants with BD preps alone
> without paying any attention to the mineral status of their
> soils.
Only using BD preps alone?  I have not heard of this? Hey listmembers,
is this common or unusual?

> I have noticed in local BD folks an excess of faith in BD preps,
> a lack of knowledge on how soil have to be fertilized and
> an excess preocupation on sustainability.
Having faith in BD preps alone is one issue,  preoccupation with
sustainability is another issue.   I'm preoccupied with the issue of
sustainability : - )

Does anyone have any understanding of people using preps alone and
depending on that to feed the soil? Perhaps I'm not understanding what
Jose has written.

Bonnie York