Jose, Hedleys, anybody,

When I read all this about Brazil BD not working, it makes me wonder
about what I am doing on the road right-of-way.  It sounds like it might not
work to just spray Pfeiffer Field Spray on very sandy, dry soil.  Right
now, my ability to use it is in question and I'm waiting for a resolution.
Should I actually get a soil test of the road right-of-way and try to add
soil amendments?  We are trying to grow native plants and grasses and
discourage plants that have been named "noxious" by the state and county
so they won't spray us with 2,4-D and Clopyralid.  You wouldn't want to
have garden soil, would you?  Anyway, how could you accomplish
this on 8 miles of road?  We wanted to use the Pfeiffer Field Spray
so that we wouldn't have to make all those trips down the road with BC,
500, 501, 508, Horn clay.  I need to learn how to make preps myself so
no one has to pay the state a fee to register a BD prep as a soil amendment.
We have peppers for all the weeds and wanted to spray them in  BD preps.
The Hedleys suggested three sprayings a long time ago when I first
started on this list.  I still haven't firmed down what we're going to do,
but I feel we should do something to help the soil, especially since the
county sprayed it in 1999.

We are planning to plant allelopathic plants--rye and oats--to compete
with the weeds and then eventually seed native plants we do want.

Merla