Perhaps it is time to recall RFC 6982.
While that RFC says nothing about setting hurdles (so that debate needs to
continue) it does provide a lightweight way of tracking implementations and
noting what bits of I-Ds have been implemented.

Yaron and I can report mixed results from the RFC so far: sometime there has
been a degree of enthusiasm to report implementations (free marketing?) while
other times implementations that we know are out there have sullenly refused to
present details for inclusion in I-Ds. Draw your own conclusions :-)

Adrian