WG,

we have reviewed the different comments posted on the list in response to our initial proposal. After thinking further about that, we'd like to propose the following as a way forward:

At the same time we issue a Working Group Last Call we would ask for knowledge of existing implementations, and the more details provided at that time, the better. In the situation where an implementation would exist we would proceed with submission to IESG. In the opposite situation (no implementation exists), we would systematically ask the WG for reasoned opinions regarding whether we should nevertheless proceed with submission to IESG. We will gauge consensus on that aspect. In case consensus is in favour of proceeding with submission to IESG we will do so. In the opposite case, we will put the document in a "Waiting for implementation" state until information on an existing implementation is brought to our knowledge or of the WG.

Please share your views on that.

Thank you

M&T