Mr Sinatra sir...

"perhaps if it doesn't already exist it would be an idea to have a wiki
page explaining step by step how to map "my music" to a non default
area. (i don't know how to, although i'm sure i could google it)

such a thing could be part of a "what a new user should know" series of
wiki articles, that could be linked to from the setup wizard, or maybe
even SC itself, altho by then its presumably too late, (unless of
course it [the mapping] would take effect with the next restart of
SC)"

In Windows right click on the Windows My Music or Music button -
Properties, Location.  Enter your desired location.  This will now be
the default for Windws Media Player etc... It would be the same if you
set your 'My Documents' to somewhere other than the Windows default...

Dan

--
chinablues