I still don't believe audio+video is the mass market and audio alone is
not, at least in the long term they will be separate and audio will be
the bigger market.
I do agree that maybe a lot of new users will try the integrated
solutions first before they learn they need something else.

I also believe it's too late to enter the video market, margins are
already down.

So what I believe SB really needs is an optimized experience for audio
mass market. And I don't think this is about hifi and local database
optimization, I believe it's indeed about social network integration.
But not in the form of just communicating stuff to the outside and
showing my facebpok wall, but it has to be integrated to the music
discussions there. It needs playback capability for all the major social
netwoks and plugins (especially YouTube and mySpace because that's where
the music is) and it has to be easy to integrate with what other people
do.
A lot of my friengs communicate new music they learn about through
Twitter or facebook, what I would really want is instant access to all
of that on my SB. And if I discover something, I need a quick way to
communicate it, and on a way that others can immediately lissen to it as
well, which means as a link.
THIS is the way how you get the next generation of customers to adopt
the SB, not just printing logos on packages.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com