Current Killerfeatures (sorry to interrupt the ongoing discussion about
mediaservers):

Price. For half the money you get something that can essentially do the
same as SONOS. (Though apparently with a lot more hassle for most
users.)

Logitech brand. Logitech may not be known for software or HIFI. But
they have a very wellknown brand, compared to most other players in the
music-streaming market. New customers do tend to find "safety" in a
known brand.

Product Lineup. Though an active zone would be really nice, I think the
squeeze lineup (Once complete again) is much more suitable (For me at
least). Control without the need for a fancy lcd-remote is important.

Fancy LCD-remote. Apart from supporting online services (which aren't
available in Denmark anyway) This is one thing that really sets out
Sqeeze from the DNLA-crowd.

I would like to ad third party developed stuff as a killerfeature. But
to a new customer learning about the products from normal marketing it
is not. Maybe even the other way around: "Is Logitech not able to make
the suficient software for this?". For new customers learning about the
products from existing customers, it is another case. And certainly for
existing customer it's vital.
---
That leads me to what customers could be focused on. I would say that
me and my family have about 80% chance of buying at least one more
Squeezeproduct. And 50% of buying even more. All that given that I like
what is available and the quality of the hard- and software is good
enough. Whereas my three closest neighbourghs are more in the area of a
0,0002% chance of buying into the concept.
---
I will not try to list ideas for new features that may lead Squeeze to
a bright future.
But just about anyone i heard of that wanted to get into the streaming
game at home, starts out looking for one single device for both video
and audio. The use cases may be different, but most people have both
their dvd-player and cd-player hooked up to the same AV-reciever/Stereo.
And buying one or more mediastreamers will not change that. So it's only
natural that they want it in one unit. If it's a good idea technically,
I don't know, but It's what most people expect to buy when at first they
venture into the streaming world.

--
Muele

BR Mogens

1 Radio, 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, 1 Squeezeplay. Running off old 800
mhz IBM T21 Thinkpad.