ymilner;496113 Wrote:
> As a happy user of both Slim/Logitech gear and SageTV media center with
> HD-200 media extender, I had a dream once that one would buy another and
> create a merged product. Sage is cross-platform commercial PVR/media
> center solution, and the only one that has hardware extenders so far. I
> understand there would be numerous challenges to that, but as an
> end-user I would love this idea!

indeed.  i'm not understanding the resistance to a vortexbox like
audio/video device.

http://www.sagetv.com/

its not open source, (right?) but if logitech bought it it could be.
or they could buy something else that is open source.

i would expect it to not be Tivoish to start, i agree with erland its a
big undertaking, but as long as the hole is there i'll hope someone
fills it...

...and if someone does, that would be the end of slim stuff.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - sbs 7.4.2b - win xp pro sp3
ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655 -
35k mp3