On 24 Sep 2008, at 7:00 PM, Michael McCracken wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>>
>> On 20 Sep 2008, at 7:49 AM, Michael McCracken wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christiaan, I'll take a look at it.
>>> I saw that SF is now supporting MediaWiki as a hosted app - so
>>> they'd
>>> do upgrades for us, etc.
>>
>> Are you sure? I can only find wikispaces.
>>

>>> I might look to see if there's an easy way to move over to that
>>> without losing wiki data.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads-up.
>>> -mike
>>>

>> Perhaps we can make the current wiki working again by changing
>> mysql4-
>> s.sourceforge.net to mysql-s.sourceforge.net?
>
> I can't log in to test things (not sure why, might have to do with
> trying from work).

How did you try? Note that ssh isn't supported anymore, you can only
use sftp, scp, and rsync, and you should use USER,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.

> However, I did take a look at the DB admin interface on SF.net, and it
> claims that mysql4-s is still the right hostname (and mysql4-b for
> bibdesk)...

Maybe it's not yet updated? The (updated) docs on the sf wiki only
mention mysql-LETTER

> I'll try again later.
>
> I think it's probably a good idea to move over to the hosted
> mediawiki, to avoid future maintenance issues. What do you all think?
>
> -mike

If it can be moved over, I'd say it's better to do so.

BTW, I saw this about the problem we have:
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_Symptoms#Sorry.21_We_could_not_process_your_edit_due_to_a_loss_of_session_data._Please_try_again._If_it_still_doesn.27t_work.2C_try_logging_out_and_logging_back_in.

Though I don't understand what they're talking about. Hope you do.

Christiaan