As Bitcoin-Core already uses GitHub, another possibility is to use the new
GitHub discussions feature. We increasingly have been using this at
Blockchain Commons as everyone is using already using GitHub. We have also
created some GitHub actions to backup discussions so that GitHub will not
be a central point of failure -should be possible to create a static page
archive using GitHub pages (but have not had budget for that).

For instance, here is the GitHub discussion area for wallet developers
working together on Bitcoin wallet interoperability specifications:
https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian-Developer-Community

— Christopher Allen