I have lost a little hair when cooking burgers, but I do not believe gas grills
are dangerous for blind people. My wife who is sighted did a rather silly
thing. She looked into the hole where a match can be inserted if the igniter
fails. She continued to press the igniter and damn near burned her face. She
never moved so fast and not realized it in her life. She did end up with some
singed eye brows and we can laugh about it now. THe point is if you take care
and pay attention to what you are doing, you will do just fine.
On Aug 30, 2010, at 12:55 PM, Dale Leavens wrote:

> The thermometer on the face of my grill reads 650 degreesF when it runs off
> the scale. I find that even with long handled tools the hairs of my forearms
> tend to smoke. If something flares up while in there it gets pretty hot in a
> hurry. Gloves are a good idea blind or sighted.

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or