Hi Claudia,

One thing I would recommend is making sure that the grill surface are not
the open grill type, meaning it isn't just bars going from one end of the
barbeque to the other.

There are grills you can purchase that are almost solid, but still have the
spaces between the raised parts of the surface, just not as open.

I've always had trouble with those because my food will invariably always
fall inside, and so I have to life the grill surface, then word my hand in
to get what I dropped out, and believe me, it's not as easy to just fish
something out of a hot barbeque with the fire raging.  LOL.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it right, I really don't know
exactly what to call the type of surface.

Good luck.

Victor