"Adam C. Lipscomb" wrote:

> In any group, there's a huge range of individual attitudes.  I could
> make a similar statement about christians, muslims, or Star Trek fans.
> Especially Star Trek fans.

OK, classify me, in light of my owning exactly 1 Star Trek DVD (which
includes the episode "Balance of Terror") and having stripped no less
than 11 Star Trek ornaments from the Christmas tree this afternoon, 10
of which plug into the lights, and 4 of which have voice recordings
which play when you press a button on the underside of the ship.  :)

        Julia

p.s. I've seen "Trekkies", and as a result I have no desire to go to a
Star Trek convention.  Regular old SF cons are fine by me, though.