Jim wrote:
> And BTW, in the spirit of fairness, since atheists often say we
can't prove the existence of God, is it completely wrong to point out
that   > scientists can't prove the Big Bang?  I certainly don't agree
with Mr. Poist, but is it truly an unfair question?  I don't know that
it is.

It is an unfair question, and it ignores the facts.  Scientists may
not be able to completely prove the Big Bang occurred, but they've got
a pretty good track record of proven hypotheses that makes it very
likely that there was a Big Bang.  Background microwave radiation, the
red shift and many others that I can't recall due to being tired from
driving all day yesterday all match the expected theories regarding
the age and probable origin of the universe.

Even if someone comes forward with experimental results that make the
Big Bang invalid as a theory, there will be a shift in the paradigm.
Some scientists will work to disprove the new evidence, others will
work to explain how the new evidence fits into the original theory and
still others will develop a theory to fit the new evidence and begin
testing it.

Adam C. Lipscomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Silence.  I am watching television."  - Spider Jerusalem