----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Baker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: A Problem For Conservatives

> Jim said:
>
> > And BTW, in the spirit of fairness, since atheists often say we can't
> > prove the existence of God, is it completely wrong to point out that
> > scientists can't prove the Big Bang?
>
> It's not the job of scientists to prove the Big Bang - it's their job to
> disprove it!
>
> Rich
> GCU Science Is Not The Search For Truth

I think it is worthwhile noting how many scientists, with various
metaphysical assumptions, have agreed upon this.  Science provides models
that are fit to empirical observations.  If the model fits, its a good
model.  If not, no matter how pretty it is, it is not a good model.  But,
it is not the scientists who insist they are talking about Truth.  Rather,
it is the alternative thinkers who insist that science search for Truth.

Dan M.