On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> At 10:50 AM 11/2/03 -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:
>

> >[...] if a certain friend of mine
> >had gotten pregnant (and she was doing everything she could to prevent
> >it)
>

> Why do I get the impression that "everything she could do" did not
> include celibacy?
>

> Just Wondering Maru

Actually, it did at that time.  That, *plus* birth control pills.

But there was always the possibility of rape, which she was paranoid about
at the time.  Something about having been molested by someone she trusted
fairly recently at that time.  And she was concerned enough about it to
talk to me about it all.

A couple of years later, the problem had corrected itself, and she has a
daughter now.

        Julia