Jon Gabriel wrote:

> Out of curiosity, do you object to Tom Clancy novels?

Oh, I do. The first book of his I read, one of his characters implied,
somewhere in the first 50 pages, that Indira Gandhi was assassinated
because India is such an awful place that her own security guards had no
choice but to kill her. The officer wound up his rumination with:  'I am
so glad I live in a country where I am not forced into killing the man I
swore to protect, where I can take pride in my country and its leaders.'

That was it. No way on earth was Clancy ever seeing another penny earned
by me.

Ritu